Everyone at Tiptoes on Bricknell Avenue is celebrating after achieving the highest possible grading, OUTSTANDING, from Ofsted following a full inspection on 30th April 2019.
The staff and management achieved the best possible report from the Ofsted inspector with “OUTSTANDING” being awarded across all of the 4 categories. The setting was judged to provide outstanding care for all children in;
Effectiveness of Leadership and Management; Quality of teaching, learning and assessment; Personal Development, Behaviour and welfare and finally Outcomes for children.
It all started when Kim, the Deputy Manager took the call from the Inspector on the Monday lunchtime, Vanessa was on holiday that week so Kim was in charge of the nursery. Vanessa came into the nursery from holiday and was joined by Laura and Sarah the two senior Tiptoes Managers.
Staff arrived early on the inspection morning and greeted the children and parents as they do each each and every morning, knowing that today was that little bit more pressured. They coped fantastically.
The inspector observed the quality of teaching during activities indoors and outdoors and assessed the impact this has on children’s learning and spoke with staff and children during the inspection.
She also completed joint observations of how the staff performed certain group and 1:1 activities with the children, along with the nursery manager and senior nursery manager. She talked to as many parent as she could during the day, and we thank all those that spoke in confidence with the inspector whilst she was at the nursery.
The full report can be read on the Ofsted website, the Tiptoes Website or by seeing the office for a paper copy.
Everyone is thrilled at the result, here are a few snippets from the report that we love…….
- Staff work extremely well with parents to ensure that all children are provided with a home-from-home learning environment. Parents highly value the flexibility shown bythe nursery. They work together with staff to provide consistency for their children’s care and development.
- Children demonstrate remarkable values, behaviours and respect towards others. They are fully aware of their diverse needs and work cooperatively together. They embrace each other’s individuality and celebrate their differences and similarities.
- Children are provided with a broad range of exciting activities and resources that allows them to develop high levels of confidence and self-esteem. They gain a strong understanding of how to keep themselves safe.
- Staff skilfully support what children need to learn next through a varied balance of adult-led and child-initiated activities. Children receive very high-quality learning experiences that help them to make rapid progress.
- Children are highly motivated and enthused in their learning. They demonstrate consistently high levels of concentration, curiosity and imagination.
Everyone contributed to the inspection and with the support of Laura and Sarah we did it !! tears were had by all, cheers and of course – safe and happy children, which is our main aim.
Your can read the report here <<click>>