Tiptoes Day Nurseries Privacy Notice
Parents use Tiptoes for childcare services. We are regulated by Ofsted and monitored by the local authority and department for education.
What data do we collect?
The personal information we hold and process on you and your child includes:
- Names and when provided that of relatives who may collect you child.
- Address(s), both past and present.
- DOB for your child.
- Contact details/Emergency contacts, including telephone numbers, mobile numbers and email address. For you and relatives where provided.
- Email address(s) for all communications and newsletters.
- Medical history/ Records to support this.
- Bank details, where we have provided any refunds.
- National Insurance Number(s) for Free Early Education Childcare.
- Observations and Assessments of your child’s development, and
- Special Educational Needs information.
We store this information to enable us to charge for our services and to enable the service to be adapted and ensure it caters for you and your child’s needs. And, importantly meet the regulatory requirements as set by our governing body, Ofsted.
Keeping you updated about your child, our nurseries and important news that could affect your costs or agreements with us.
We only share your information with those bodies who lawfully require it. The only information which we share externally not required by law is your name, email address, the name of your child and photographs, were you have given consent.
- We share your email address with a contracted partner who creates our blog, newsletters, website content and monitors, promotes our social media presence. You can opt out of these services by informing us of your wish to do so at any time.
- We utilise the secure Tapestry Desktop and Mobile app to keep you informed about your child’s progress with us. To enable this we setup an account for you using your name and email address. This application then stores updates about your child’s progress within the Early Years Framework and photographs showing your child’s progress. We have a policy specifically designed for use of this app, which is signed by all our staff and those parents wishing to use the service.
Other than our lawful and regulatory requirements, and the above, we do not share any of your information with 3rd party companies or people.
How long do we retain your personal information?
The information we keep and share is complicated and our policy details all the data we collect and process, why we do, how long we keep it for and why. We will not keep your information longer than is necessary, taking into account all the regulations that we have to satisfy.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have various rights under data protection rules regarding the processing of your personal information. Including rights to request access to it, correct any information we may hold about you and request deletion of it in certain circumstances. Deletion is subject to our legal responsibilities under Ofsted, local authorities and the Dept for Education. Our legal responsibilities override GDPR.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information you can contact us anytime at : firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Tiptoes Day Nursery, 49 Gorton Road, Willerby, HU10 6LU.